Toasty-Yay Non-Dairy Dreamy Ice Cream Cake
Updated: Sep 13, 2022
I want to start off by saying, I have dreamt of this dessert since my first bite of a Toasty-yay. I underestimated this cookie. When I heard the Girl Scouts were getting rid of Thanks-a-lots and replacing them with a “French Toast Inspired Cookie” I was devastated. I think the Thanks-a-lots were an underrated cookie for sure. It was the perfect proportion of shortbread and chocolate. One was enough to curb that chocolate craving – especially if you kept them in the freezer, to be replaced by a cookie inspired by a breakfast food. A cookie that did not have any chocolate. I already knew I was going to be disappointed; boy was I wrong. It tastes exactly like a dunkaroo, how could you not instantly fall in love. I do not even miss the chocolate.
I knew I wanted to make an epic dessert inspired by these cookies. H loves an Ice Cream Cake for her birthday. Which I happily make, and then watch her devour and I can’t even have a bite, pure torture. Lightbulb went off, Non-Dairy Ice Cream Cake; Ohh My! Now I can handle butter, and I use it in almost every meal, that does not upset my belly. But you can make this cake completely vegan by swapping coconut Oil for butter; and for the eggs- use ½ chia eggs, and ½ applesauce.
**Note:: I am not a baker; I can bake, but I like to cheat by using a box of mix and jazzing it up. **
**Also Important to Notice my helper being the goodest of girls, supervising the process**
For the Cake:
· Read the back of the box but add 1 extra egg, substitute coconut milk for the milk, and replace the vegetable oil with double the amount of melted butter. Once the butter is melted, add 1 tsp of Cinnamon, 1 tsp of Vanilla and 1 Tbl of Maple Syrup.
· Line an 8” cake pan with parchment or wax paper for easy removal and butter the sides
· I am only using one layer of cake for this recipe; so along with the 8” cake, the batter filled 8 cupcakes
· Once cooked and cooled, use a serrated knife to even out the top.
This is when I realized I had no cake stand, so I searched my house for supplies to make one
Glass Jar, Old Cookie Tray, Hot Glue & Spray paint
Back to the Cake:
· Spread a thin layer of Cocowhip on the cooled cake
· Crush 8-10 Cookies in a bag with a rolling pin (I cut a hole in the corner of the bag for easy use)
· Spread a layer of cookies on the Cocowhip and Freeze
· While the cake is freezing, take out nondairy Ice cream to soften
· Once soft (Not Melted) add to a bowl with 2 Tbl of Nondairy Milk (I Used SoDelicious Unsweetened Vanilla) Beat with beaters or whisk until it feels like soft serve. I then added a little cinnamon and beat on slow for another minute.
· Using the whole pint, spread an even layer on the whole cake & freeze
· Once frozen, spread a thin layer of Cocowhip as a crumb layer, freeze
· Take out, add another layer of Cocowhip & crushed Toasty-yays to the side and top of cake. ((I started out with them on the edge, but changed my mind and covered the whole cake with cookie crumbles so I could then make whip cream pipettes around the edge)) – Freeze ((This has been a very time-consuming cake for sure, after every step I refroze just to keep it from completely melting while working & decorating))
· Decorate with a little Rediwhip Coconut Whip Cream, a drizzle of real Maple Syrup, ((It is a French Toast inspired Ice Cream Cake after all)) and another sprinkle of crushed cookie crumbs. Freeze again before cutting
**This Dessert Has Been Kid Approved**
Making this cake has been a labor of love, and taste even better than it looks. I am going to be sad when Toasty-yay season comes to an end. These cookies quickly became a favorite in our house. I have two other non-dairy Girl Scout Cookie Inspired desserts on deck. Which vegan cookie do you think will be featured next? ((Hint:: Definitely Not a peanut butter cookie))
While you are here, if you could take a minute and head over to FavChef and Vote for me. There is currently a contest for a chance to be featured in Bon Appetite Magazine. Which would literally be a dream come true. Click here to vote; share, and 24 hours later vote again. ((Voting resets every 24 hours)). Thursday the top 5 from each group will be announced, and then the week after that the top person from each group is chosen. Once the top contestant from each group is announced, votes will be reset to zero- and voting will be open again for the semifinals. This is beyond nerve wracking. A little less than five weeks until the grand prize winner is announced, with an unbelievable cash prize on top of the chance of a lifetime spread in one of my favorite magazines. So please, vote daily!!! And thank you to every single person that has taken the time to vote!! I couldn’t have made it through to the top ten of the group rounds without your votes!!! I appreciate every, single one of you!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
#Nondairy #Cocowhip #SoDelicious #OatMilk #CoconutMilk #GirlScoutCookies #GirlScouts #ToastyYay #FrenchToast #NonDairyIceCreamCake #IceCreamCake #VeganCookie #WholeFoods #FavChef #Desserts #Baking #IceCream #FrozenDesserts #Lightroom #LightroomEdited #MomChef #MomBlog #Momblogger