Easy Blueberry Chia Jam
Updated: Feb 13
One of my favorite easy recipes is Blueberry Chia Jam. Made with three simple ingredients and optional add ins.
Blueberries Chia Seeds Water
Optional: Cinnamon Honey Lemon Juice
· Fill a pot with frozen blueberries ((Aldi had a double batch on sale so I grabbed one of those bags, and dumped half an open bag in with it; this created a big batch- almost a quart of jam))
· Fully submerge the berries with water, bring to a boil and simmer. ((I added two cinnamon sticks to my batch, but it would be just as delicious with some fresh honey squeezed in at the end))
· Forget the pot is on the stove, do some chores, get distracted.
· Go back and find your berries boiled down a little too much
· Fill back up with water and simmer. As long as you don’t burn the berries you are totally fine. Again this is a super easy, forgiving recipe. These berries were on the sweeter side; so I did not add any sugar to my jam while cooking, but when it was finished I added some fresh local honey for the added benefits.
· Chia seeds can get messy, once they are wet the stick to everything. To contain the mess, add about ¼ Cup of Chia seeds to Two Pint jars ((I used sashed out Aldi jars to be exact)) and then fill the jars half way with blueberry sauce and mixed thoroughly
· Let cool – ((You don’t want to fill the jars all the way when hot or they will take forever to cool))
· Once the jam mess is cooled, fill the jars with the remaining sauce and stir. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks. ((It has never made it that long in our house… just sayin))
Now start adding that Blueberry Chia Jam to everything. Toast, granola, yogurt parfaits, vanilla ice cream, smoothies & by the spoonful. Here are two fun and easy ways to use your abundance of jam.
Almond Butter & Chia Jam: The sophisticated cousin of PB&J
Slather almond butter, crust to crust on your favorite grainy bread
Top with blueberry chia jam, sliced strawberries, bananas, kiwi, coconut & chocolate chunks
Blueberry Chia Smoothie: Perfect for those littles when you are trying to pack in some extra protein and nutrients. This smoothie tastes delicious and they wont even know it is good for them
1 Frozen Banana
Tiny handful of Spinach
Two big Tbl of Chia Jam
¼ Cup frozen riced Cauliflower ½ Kiwi
1 Cup of Oat/Almond Milk Blend & Enjoy
Bobs Red Mill Almond Protein Powder Smoothie: Because I can’t go a day without my coffee smoothie. Seriously, it is my addiction. I’ve done a post previously on Daily Coffee Date Smoothie, but Social Nature sent me a few Samples of Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Almond Protein Powder. We gave it a whirl (See what I did there) and it did not disappoint.
· Handful of Spinach
· 1 Frozen Banana
· ¼ Cup frozen riced Cauliflower
· 2 Tbl Dutch Cocoa Powder
· 2 Dates sliced, steeped in water and drained
· ½ Cup Oat Milk
· Cover with brewed ice coffee and blend
#socialnature #trynatural #momchef #momblog #easyrecipes #smoothies #Protienjam